Pondless waterfalls are ideal when you love the beauty of a waterfall but are reluctant about pond maintenance. You can have a pondless waterfall custom built for your yard. Plus, it’s safe for small children.
Even without a visible pond, it still manages to create a relaxing scenery that you can enjoy with your family from day to night. You still get to enjoy the soothing sound of the moving water, and skip maintenance worries at the same time.
If you’re thinking of installing a pondless waterfall for your outdoor living space, here are few design ideas to gather inspiration from.
1. Natural waterfall. Bringing the outdoors to your home. Request your pond builder to make the structure taller and capture the look of a natural waterfall set in a forest.
2. Delicate stream bed. Here’s another pondless waterfall idea by Aquascape to upgrade your outdoor living space. It can be built near the house structure itself so even when you’re indoors, you’d still get to hear the tranquil sound of the water rushing down the shallow stream.
3. Cascading low-lying waterfalls. Great when you’re working on a small space or on a corner in your yard. This water feature is sure to attract curious kids and make adults linger for a while.
4. Designed with paving stones. Contemporary and elegant, this pondless waterfall idea featured in Houzz is built with Belgard paving stones. This would make a peaceful backdrop for entertaining your guests.
5. Under a bridge. Add drama to the setting by installing a foot bridge or a little wooden bridge across the pondless waterfall stream, inspired by this beautiful project by Sublime Water Garden. With the right choice of stones and proper arrangement, your water feature will look as though it’s part of the existing landscape.
6. Right up your patio. This relaxing view that you can indulge in right from your patio will make you look forward to staying at home even longer.
Installing a pondless waterfall is a refreshing addition to your home landscape. It fits just about any space and can be designed in several ways. If you wish to speak with a professional pond builder regarding pondless waterfall installation, we offer free consultation.
Get in touch with us today at 888 600 7224 so we can talk about your dream water feature project.
Have you long wanted a water feature for your garden?
Maybe you’re unsure which type to install for your home. In this post, we’ve listed down four factors you can check to determine if a pondless waterfall is the right choice for you too.
But first, a little on how the system works. If you look at a pondless waterfall, you’ll think that there’s really no pond. Truth is, it sits underground.
This pond makes use of an underground basin lined with gravel. It catches and filters water from atop the falls. A pump then pushes the water up, sending it back to the falls. This creates the illusion of a flowing waterfalls minus the pond.
Like a full pond, a pondless waterfall system creates the soothing sound of moving water. It also has other advantages, which we’ll also share with you. Let’s get started.
1. No Time for Pond Maintenance
Full ponds require routine maintenance.
You’ll need to regularly monitor water quality and feed your fish when necessary. Plants, on the other hand, require care too to make sure they’re helping sustain pond life. Cleaning is also a must to keep water quality healthy. Some homeowners are amenable to all this, while some are not.
If you want a water feature but don’t think you’re ready yet for the extra work, a pondless waterfall system could make a good choice. The most that it will require from you is refilling of the reservoir every few weeks. This is to compensate for water loss to evaporation.
2. There’s Limited Space
Does your yard space hold you back from installing a water feature?
A pondless waterfall can be made small or large depending on the yard space available. But generally, this water feature doesn’t take up much room. Plus, you can have it customized.
3. You’re Concerned About Kid Safety
If you have kids or frequently welcome kid visitors in your home, you’re probably worried that installing a pond can be dangerous.
Safety issues are commonly associated with water features. But with a pondless waterfall, you will not have to worry about this. You can let kids play close to the pond with peace of mind.
4. Part of You Wants a Full Pond
Another good thing about pondless waterfall system is that it’s flexible. Should you change your mind and want a full pond instead, that’s okay. The system could be swapped.
If you wish to learn more about a pondless waterfall and how you can customize it, we can help. California Waterscapes can work with you in building a pond system that fits your every need.
Sign up for a free estimate and we’ll get in touch with you. Send those questions in about your dream water feature installation. Our consultation is free!